Updated 2nd of August 2018
New Image respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at any time
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information about how we collect and process the personal data you provide when you:
- visit New Image;
- visit our website; or
- make an appointment by telephone.
Access to this website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
New Image is the data controller and responsible for your personal data.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the manager, Lisa Owen, by email, post or telephone:
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: New Image, 317 High Street, Bangor, Wales LL57 1YA
Telephone number: 01248 354 993
1. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We may collect, use or store different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data – includes first name, surname, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact Data – includes address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us;
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Health Data includes allergy test information, details of any medical conditions that might affect our services, hair type, skin type, skin conditions or skincare concerns;
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services;
Except for Health Data (as defined above), we do not collect any special categories of personal data about you.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data or information changes during your relationship with us.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Transaction and Health Data by visiting New Image or filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- purchase our products or services;
- make an appointment;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGIES OR INTERACTIONS.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
Third parties. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google;
- Identity, Contact, Technical, Profile, Usage and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM US
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, and Usage Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will notify you and any applicable supervisory authority of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. DATA RETENTION
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- to request access to your personal data
- to request correction of your personal data
- to request erasure of your personal data
- to object to processing of your personal data
- to request restriction of processing your personal data
- to request transfer of your personal data
- to withdraw consent
You can check and update your personal data each time you visit New Image.
If you wish to make a complaint or you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the details above.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so we’d be grateful if you’d contact us in the first instance.